[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv out scart question

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Mon Jun 14 08:07:56 EDT 2004

>>I can play recordings and watch TV through myth using the PVR-350
>>output no problems.  The sound from the mpeg stream goes through the
>>scart socket to the TV like it should.  What I thought was that if I
>>plugged this trailing 3.5mm lead into the soundcard output, I'd also
>>get audio when I played movies with mplayer (mythvideo), which use the
>>framebuffer.
> I imagine this is exactly the sort of thing it's intended for - have you
> tried it? Since the fb is designed only to take care of what's going on on
> the PVR-350, you're prolly meant to chuck it into the line-out on your
> soundcard.

Yes, I tried it, but I don't get any audio on the TV. What I did was
plug some cheap speakers into the line out of my sound card, then
player a video using mplayer on the ivtv framebuffer display. I get
video but no audio on the TV (as expected) and the audio on the
speakers. I then swapped the speaker plug for the trailing 3.5mm plug
on the pvr-350 scart lead, but still nothing comes through the TV.

Cheers,

       Steve

--
Stephen Longhurst