[mythtv-users] Zap2It needs our help

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 04:05:35 EDT 2004

David Rees wrote:

>  I agree that it would make sense to add some sort of randomization in
>  there, but not necessarily a good idea to take away the option for
>  people to schedule the update at a time they might prefer.

I'll second that thought.  I certainly want to help out Zap2it in any
reasonable way I can and I've already changed my update time to the
suggested "hour = date-of-birth mod 24".  However, while I don't care
what time of day the update occurs, I need to know that I can count on
it being done by a certain time every day.  Otherwise, I might not be
able to make use of the data.