[mythtv-users] Check your TV settings

Kevin Barsby Kevin.Barsby at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 14 00:34:54 EDT 2004

Hi,

Something I found at the weekend.

Since running a Myth box I had found that I was getting patches of
discolouration on the TV, generally after particularly bright / white
patches.

I'd dismissed it as a driver issue, but on a rethink, a trawl through
the TV settings revealed the contrast set to max!

I'm pretty sure I've never set this (it's a new TV), and resetting this
to 50% removed this problem.

Just thought I'd share this as a lot of people here will be doing the
same juggle of TV / Speakers / PC settings, and may like myself blame
all bad things on drivers / software / hardware on the PC.

Cheers
Kev