[mythtv-users] cut list -> comercial skip

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jun 13 20:19:19 EDT 2004

> I understand that to go into "edit mode", I press 'E' while watching a
> show.  To load in the cut points indicated by the commercial detection
> program, I press 'Z'.  I can then adjust the cut points.
>
> After I have done all of that, how do I export the cut list back to the
> commercial skip database?  I am not really interested in transcoding
> (the source is HDTV), I just want to be able to watch the show with
> accurate commercial skipping.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

If you exit the editor with the "M" key it will save your changes to the
cutlist.  The cutlist overrides the Auto Commercial Skip, so as soon as you
save the cutlist, you will be skipping using your modified cutlist.  The
cutlist is always used if it exists.  The Auto Commercial Skip is only used
if it exists but a cutlist does not.

--

Chris