[mythtv-users] PVR-250: no sound during live tv or playing recordings. Sound in recorded stream

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 14:24:11 EDT 2004

Jurgen Kramer wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 19:35, Joe Votour wrote:
>

>>On my setup at home, with two PVR-250's, I set the
>>sound on each of them to "None" (this works with 0.15,
>>I believe it worked with 0.14 as well).  There is no
>>need for a sound card, since the sound is in the
>>MPEG-2 stream.
>>
>>Something else to check would be the volume level that
>>MythTV is recording from.  I don't remember exactly
>>where it is in the menus, but I believe it's in the
>>recording profiles, there should be a volume level for
>>the PVR-250, which is independant of the sound card
>>settings.  I believe that by default is is set to 90%.
>>
>>Also check the MythTV mixer levels.  If you use the
>>internal volume controls, then you can control both
>>the PCM, and the volume.  I have it setup so that the
>>volume is set to something pretty high, and then
>>Volume Up/Down buttons control the PCM, which raises
>>or lowers the volume during playback.  (Well,
>>something like that, that's the general idea).  Make
>>sure that MythTV isn't setting the volume of the sound
>>card too low.
>>
>>-- Joe
>>

>Setting the sound to "None" did the trick! Thanks! Now I got one
>problem left.
>
>Jurgen

Hmm, I can not get "None" to stick... it always jumps back to dsp0 when
I go back to the settings page again??? But I picked an unsed one dsp3,
and that stuck. I also had a problem with KDE grabbing the sound device
to use for systems sounds until I went in to KDE control center and told
it to use the PC speaker.

Tim