[mythtv-users] I *think* I've screwed everything up somewhere.. lol

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 10:21:13 EDT 2004

ok.. everything was running fine and dandy.. now somethings broken and I
can't trace it down..

I've re-installed *my* desktop machine to play with FC2.. and it all
seems to have gone pear-shaped since then.. although I doubt that was
the cause..

when I tried installing myth on *my* machine I am now getting:

2004-06-13 14:58:07 prebuffering pause
2004-06-13 14:58:10 prebuffering pause
2004-06-13 14:58:11 prebuffering pause

every couple of seconds.. and the picture freezes every couple of
seconds..

although on my main frontend machine in the living room the picture is
fine.. no stuttering.. also when I run mythtvfrontend on the backend
server it runs smoothly too..

however.. I have lost all sound.. I've checked all the sound controls on
the backend and they look fine..

I know there's a couple of issues here.. the prebuffering on my machine
and the loss of sound on the backend..

I *think* I must have done an update on all 3 machines lately that has
caused this... but does anyone have any ideas as to where I can start
figuring these problems out?

Thanks in advance

Craig