[mythtv-users] Titivillus & abstract themes packaged on ATrpms

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Jun 13 07:57:45 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>On Saturday 12 June 2004 15:17, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>

>>>The Titivillus and abstract themes have been packaged up and added to
>>>ATrpms, including the matching OSDs and JDS's AltMenus. Run an apt-get
>>>update, then apt-get install mythtv-suite, and you'll get the new themes
>>>pulled in, or individually, apt-get install mythtv-theme-Titivillus and
>>>mythtv-theme-abstract. I'm becoming rather partial to the AltMenus
>>>setup...
>>>

>>D'oh I just uploaded a new Titivillus (well actually it's still
>>uploading) that has much better EPG shading.
>>

>No problem, I'll just have to roll up a new package.
>
>Also, I saw you said something about working on the title graphics a bit
>already, but in addition to the one(s?) that is/are too long, there were at
>least two I've come across that had some small artifacts in them, just above
>like the 3rd character in the title -- little horizontal lines that look like
>some remnants from another title. (I'm away from the house, can't look at it
>right now to say which exactly it was).

I'll give them a run though.  There's shouldn't be any left overs from
other titles, since I use a file called "title_template.psd" that has a
single text layer in it with all the options to make it look like it
does.  I just change the text and resave it as needed.  I'm honestly not
all that thrilled with the title text so I may give it some major love
soon.  They look great on my monitor, but not so much on TV.

Though doing those led me to the technique I uses for the box lines so
they were useful in that respect.

>>Glad you like the menu layout.  I was shooting for simple menus with
>>similar functions grouped together.
>>

>A tad disorienting at first, but the grouping does make a lot of sense.
>Everything we regularly use is now all in one place. Confused the heck out of
>my wife at first, but I think she's got it now. ;-)

Heh my wife was the motivator for the new menus.