[mythtv-users] MythMusic segfault (again)

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 13 04:51:07 EDT 2004

Philip Warner wrote:

> At 06:09 PM 13/06/2004, Michelle Moss wrote:
>
>> export QTDIR=/usr/local/lib/qt3
>> export PATH=$PATH:$QTDIR/bin
>

> Hi - and thanks for the replies.
>
> Yes, I did, but I'm going to try again since I'm getting nowhere and
> I'd like to make absolutely sure.
>
> The RPMs are actually for QT, MythTv and it's components (all of
> them), so I did not do a recompile (except of qt since it was missing
> a symbol).

Ok, when I did it I only used the QT rpms - I compiled myth from source

> It seems very odd that the only module that seems to cause problems is
> mythmusic. Is there a known problem in the code that could be worked
> around?

I don't know about this - the answer that always seems to be given is
that Suse ships with a broken qt package. I'm just a relatively new
linux so I can't help. It would be nice if it is a problem with the Suse
packages for it to be fixed - the problem was even worse with suse 8.2 I
think - I never did get that working.