[mythtv-users] MythMusic segfault (again)

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 13 04:09:40 EDT 2004

Philip Warner wrote:

> I have recently installed mythtv et al, and mythmusic crashes the
> front end when asked to play anything. This is a problem I have seen
> reported in the list before, and I have tried the following:
>
>  - download qt from trolltech & rebuild everything
>
>  - download and install SuSE 9.1 rpms from
> http://www.astro.uio.no/~oeysteio/RPM_SUSE9.0/MyhTV/20040309/
> <http://www.astro.uio.no/%7Eoeysteio/RPM_SUSE9.0/MyhTV/20040309/>
>
> In each case, I eventually end up with the same errors:
>
> 2004-06-13 13:42:56 mythfrontend version: 0.15.20040525-1 www.mythtv.org
> <http://www.mythtv.org/>2004-06-13 13:42:56 Enabled verbose msgs :all
> mythtv: could not connect to socket
> mythtv: Permission denied
> lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
> 2004-06-13 13:42:57 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
> 2004-06-13 13:42:57 Registering MythDVD DVD Media Handler as a media
> handler
> 2004-06-13 13:42:57 Registering MythDVD VCD Media Handler as a media
> handler
> 2004-06-13 13:42:57 Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media handler
> QObject::connect: No such slot
> PlaybackBox::handleTreeListSignals(int,IntVector*)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'musictreelist')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::previous()

<Snip>

> followed by a segfault.

Hi Philip,

I'm pretty sure that this won't help since you've obviously read my
previous mails to the list, but just to make sure - after I downloaded
the Suse 9.1 rpms I had to recompile mythmusic _and_ mythtv - just
rebuilding mythmusic doesn't seem to be enough. You said that you
rebuilt everything after downloading the trolltech QTs - did you also do
that after the rpms? Also, double check before you compile that your
QTDIR is set correctly. The rpms that I used for QT (the Suse9.0 rpms at
the link above) install to /usr/local/lib/qt3 so you need to do

export QTDIR=/usr/local/lib/qt3
export PATH=$PATH:$QTDIR/bin

before compiling.

Sorry if this doesn't help, but I know when I was going through this
problem it was easy to think you compiled with the new QT libs when
actually it was compiling against old ones because the libs weren't set
correctly.

Good luck,
Michelle