[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode lock up

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 01:11:55 EDT 2004

I recently tried turning on the Auto-transcode option.  The transcoder
runs, but shortly my system locks up.  While the transcoder is running
it's running at 99% CPU load. Restarting the computer will cause the
transcoder to begin working again, but will again crash.  I have it set
to do RTJpeg encoding with quality set to 192.

Running Mandrake 10, kernel 2.6.3-7mdk.  I installed MythTv from  packages:

mythtvsetup-0.15.1-1plf
mythtv-backend-0.15.1-1plf
mythtv-themes-0.15.1-1plf
mythtv-0.15.1-1plf
mythtv-frontend-0.15.1-1plf

Not sure what other information would be helpful, some random versions
follow:

bttv: driver version 0.9.12 loaded
bttv0: using: Hauppauge (bt848) [card=2,insmod option]
[fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 3.9.0 [May 11 2004] on minor 0

libffmpeg0-0.4.8-6mdk
libsmpeg0.4-0.4.4-23mdk
ffmpeg-0.4.8-6mdk

Running on an AMD 2.2, 1gig RAM, ATI Radeon 9700Pro.

Thanks for any clues, or let me know what else would be helpful to provide.

-- Ry