[mythtv-users] My Media Box hopes to launch Q4 2004

Chris Blackburn chris at cblackburn.com
Sat Jun 12 12:23:08 EDT 2004

Hi Robert,

MythTV, as you know, is open source - licensed under the GPL.  We
believe strongly in open source and will make all releases available
under the GPL, as we are required to do.  The mmb project will be hosted
at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mmb/ .  All are welcome
to participate in the continued development and documentation of mmb.

Each My Media Box will run a cron job that will check for upgrades over
the Internet.

Enhancement programs that are separate from MythTV, such as the video on
demand system, will be available but licensed separately and possibly
not open source.  This decision will be made by the board of directors
(our investors).  There will most likely be a fee structure for the
video on demand, similar to Netflix.  As with the upgrades, the
enhancements will be facilitated over the Internet through a browser
type interface.

We plan to embrace the GPL as much as possible and educate our investors
as to the benefits of open source.

This would be a great topic for the discussion group at:
http://www.mymediabox.net/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=viewforum&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=1

Thanks Robert

Regards,

--Chris