[mythtv-users] Avermedia DVB-T 771 working

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Jun 12 01:14:25 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 11:19:06AM +1000, Bill Coghill wrote:
> Clyde Stubbs wrote:
> >In case anyone else has been attracted by the new Avermedia DVB-T 771
> >terrestrial digital TV card, I'm delighted to say I now have it working
> >under Myth. Largely thanks to Wolfram Joost, there is a working driver
> >for it - should be in the LinuxTV CVS tree soon, but right now you
> >can get it from http://www.frokaschwei.net/avtv771/avermedia.html -
> >you'll also need a recent CVS version of the DVB tree.
[..]
> In Australia (and elsewhere ?) this card is known as a AVerTV DVB-T
> card.  I have had Myth running on it for about three months.  After a
> lot of mucking about with the DVB drivers (moving from the buggy Linux
> TV dvb to DVB-Kernel drivers fixed a lot of instability issues - I might
> try the Linux TV drivers again) I eventually got it stable enough to act
> as the primary card for my recordings.

The 771 appears to be a newer card with a different front-end. It may be
for sale in Australia now, but when I bought an Aver DVB-T card in
February in Melbourne it was the original model (sp887x frontend).

dvb-kernel is the current driver tree; you wouldn't want to switch back
to the older drivers as they're no longer developed.

Hamish