[mythtv-users] Avermedia DVB-T 771 working

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Fri Jun 11 17:28:07 EDT 2004

In case anyone else has been attracted by the new Avermedia DVB-T 771
terrestrial digital TV card, I'm delighted to say I now have it working
under Myth. Largely thanks to Wolfram Joost, there is a working driver
for it - should be in the LinuxTV CVS tree soon, but right now you
can get it from http://www.frokaschwei.net/avtv771/avermedia.html -
you'll also need a recent CVS version of the DVB tree.

The particularly attractive features of the DVB-T 771 are price (around
1/3rd what I paid just a few months ago for a Nebula DigiTV card), the
fact that it is a low-profile PCI card (albeit supplied without a low-profile
bracket, but a little metalwork fixes that) and has a respectable
bundled remote control. The remote interface has not yet been reverse-
engineered, but the supplied IR receiver can be turned into an IRMAN type
serial receiver quite readily.

It also has an S-Video/Composite analog input, which I haven't yet
tested, but should work fine since it's using a bog-standard BT878.

Clyde

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde at htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax