[mythtv-users] Multiple backends, files where.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jun 11 14:09:45 EDT 2004

Jesper FA wrote:

>I have a fileserver with a P4. Unfortunately it is in a place fare from TV
>cables so I have setup a PIII-800 with a PVR 250 and a local disk. Recording
>on the local disk works just fine. I have then also installed mythtv on the
>fileserver. Is it possible to in mythtv move the files to the fileserver or
>should I use nfs from the filesever. I would prefer to use the local disk
>while recording. Should be less chance of error. And then later move the file
>to the fileserver.
>
>Second I can transcode but this happens I guess naturally on the PIII. I would
>like to have this happen on the P4 as it has more power to spare.
>
>Is it possible to do this?

You have a number of options.  Probably the easiest is simply to
NFS/SAMBA mount the disk space from your fileserver to the MythTV system
and have it record to that folder.  No need to have MythTV on the
fileserver itself since it will only be providing disk space.  This will
also make it easy for you in the future if you add more frontends or
backends as they can all mount the same disk partition and save their
files in the same place.

Kevin