[mythtv-users] mc.sql

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jun 10 23:05:38 EDT 2004

Matt Morgan wrote:
> A couple other threads on this in the archive, but nothing super helpful.
> When I run
> mysql -u root < mc.sql
> from the database directory, it runs fine, but the db is created without
> any tables in it (as far as I can tell). So that when I run

The tables get created and updated when you run mythfrontend,
mythbackend or setup. You need to run setup first to configure
your video sources, cards and inputs, etc.

> mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map

That won't do anything until you've configured you video sources
and run mythfilldatabase to fill your channel table.

> I get a bunch of errors about no such table being there.
> It seems incorrect in the HOW-TO that the mySQL instructions, in section
> 6, follow the xmltv and mkiconmap.pl instructions in section 5, but that
> in order to fill the database it must have to be there already? Are the
> instructions out of order or am I totally not getting this?

Probably. Section 5.4 is suggesting signing up for a DataDirect
account ahead of time which is a good idea. However, "Grabbing
channel icons" is related to DataDirect but this action shouldn't
be taken until somewhere at the end of section 9 sometime after
mythfilldatabase has been run.

--  bjm