[mythtv-users] Switched TV cards: no sound and no channel change

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 16:00:54 EDT 2004

At 21:41 10/06/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Secondly I do not get sound from the PVR-250 what so ever. I've checked
>that the prober msp3400 module is loaded.
>
>What can be the problem?

I had this problem too. Turned out I had to load an extra module to get the
sound on my board working - UK PAL I PVR-250. Most boards in the US don't
seem to need this if the howto's are anything to go by.

In my /etc/modules.d/ivtv I have:

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options ivtv debug=0 mpg_buffers=30 ivtv_pal=1
options tuner type=1
options saa7127 pal=1 enable_output=1 output_select=0
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
#This line below doesn't work, damnit, figure it out!
#post-install ivtv /usr/bin/test_ioctl -u 0xff -p 4 -f width=640,height=480

You'll note that I have the msp3400, saa7115 and saa7127 loaded - try this,
update modules.conf and then rmmod/insmod ivtv and see if that helps.
Worked for me, YMMV :^)