[mythtv-users] Old topic rehashed - X-less backend?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 14:46:43 EDT 2004

>Sounds like you could keep the current backend you have, and just create
>a NFS filesystem and a remote DB on your file server.

Well, using SMBFS at the mo, but yes this is what I'm trying to achieve.

One qusetion just to make sure I'm not making a stupid mistake somewhere:
do I have to re-run mythsetup now that I've dumped mythconverg onto my
server? I've done the things where I set up users and edited the mysql.txt,
etcetera, but the backend reports it can't connect to the db, so I thought
there might be some setting somewhere that needs mythsetup's attention.

I would try it out, but I can't access an X server here.

Thanks!