[mythtv-users] Cheap PVR350 Card?

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Thu Jun 10 13:22:45 EDT 2004

>> what's the differance between the PVR-250 and 350?
> IIRC, the built-in MPEG2 decoder in the PVR-350 is only used if you use the
> TV-out on the 350 to display X.

When I was new to this list and I asked the usual 250-vs-350 question,
I was told that the MPEG2 encoder, decoder, TV tuner, FM tuner, etc.,
were all indipendent modules so they could be used independently...

I'm not sure, though, whether this means that they "could" (if somebody
wrote the necessary software) or that it is alerady implemented...

Also they told me that the FM tuner will be supported one day, and that's
something the 250 doesn't have...

Franco