[mythtv-users] Playing iTunes/AAC files in MythMusic

Dave Caplinger dent at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 23:16:41 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 18:01, thor wrote:
> 	These packages will automagically (Rendezvous/zeroconfig) let your Myth
> box play iTunes content and let iTunes play mythcontent (music sharing).
> Moreover, they'll convert flac/ogg/etc. to wav on the fly while serving
> content to iTunes. Mighty spiffy.

mfd rocks.  I love being able to see my Myth music store from iTunes on
my other systems.  Apple's recent announcement about "AirTunes" made me
wonder if there's some way to trick iTunes 4.6 into thinking MythTV is
an Airport Express-type remote stereo hookup - then you could even
control music playing from your Myth box (which almost by definition is
near your living room/den/whatever stereo).

- Dave