[mythtv-users] mythtv works better in the background?

Eric Hattemer eric at hattenator.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 9 18:34:39 EDT 2004

It seems to me that on my machine, mythfrontend runs better when its not
in window focus.  I don't use lirc or anything like that.  This is kde
with xinerama, 2 monitors, 2 cards, one good, one bad.  The frontend is
on the good (nvidia) screen.  When I'm clicked into mythfrontend (like
after I skip commercials by keystroke), it seems to have some trouble
where the video and audio are out of sync.  In this case, its also more
likely to skip if the system is loaded.  When I click out of the myth
window and focus some other app on the other screen, the frontend takes
about 2 seconds to smoothly morph the video into perfect sync.  This may
be largely psychosomatic.  It may be that skipping commercials is
after that.  But I have seen this happen for longer periods of time.  I
will do some testing of this when I have a chance, but has anyone else
seen this behavior?  Is this related to mandrake or KDE?  I have an
athlon xp 1800+ with an ATi TV Wonder bttv card.

-Eric Hattemer