[mythtv-users] Ratpoison overscan

Darren Hart darren-keyword-mythtv?users.66bee7 at dvhart.com
Wed Jun 9 12:08:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 07:24, papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:
> 	Hello... I believe someone had mentioned this in a thread a few days
> ago, but I never saw any replies.  One problem with ratpoision as a WM is that
> it forces all windows to be maximized, full-screen.  That's great most of the
> time, but some video card combinations cannot reduce the overscan, so the
> top/bottom/sides of any terminal opened up for debugging purposes will be cut
> off on the TV.  I have emailed the author, but have so far received no
> response.  Any suggestions?

You can use the -c option to ratpoison on the command line to run
commands, like 'ratpoison -c defpadding 10 10 10 10', which will run
windows maximized minus 10 pixels on each side.  Ratposion uses frames,
this actually pads a frame.  See 'pinfo ratpoison' or try the irc
channel, they were very helpful, #ratpoison on freenode.

--Darren