[mythtv-users] feature request - shut off ALL recordings.

MalcolmMythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 8 19:02:26 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Maybe this is already a feature and I just don't know about it.  Here's what
happened.
On Saturday our cable service just went out.  Called cable company and they
said they'd come out on Monday.
So in the mean time we just watched the Myth box.  Great stuff.

The problem is while we're watching the Mythbox it's dropping off good
recordings for white snow recordings (cable's out).  I wished there was a
way I could just globally have stopped all recordings.  I couldn't just
shutdown the backend because then the frontends won't work.

Is there such an option?  If not are there any plans to add one?  It would
also be nice for when I'm working on the box and have to do reboots etc.  I
usually end up with 5 or 6 clips of the same show it continued recording and
5 or 6 good full episodes deleted.

Thanks guys
Malcolm