[mythtv-users] apt-get problems

Jon Kunze jkunze at pop3.utoledo.edu
Tue Jun 8 02:18:18 EDT 2004

Any chance of someone explaining how to upgrade to RPM 4.3.1 to us noobs.
I'd certainly appreciate it.

Message: 31

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:51:36 -0700

From: Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com>

Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] apt-get problems

To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On Jun 7, 2004, at 20:05, Andy Long wrote:

> have you run "apt-get update"?

One cannot run apt-get update if one does not have apt-get... There's a

problem with ATrpms, which I've already mentioned to Axel. Apparently,

the only apt and synaptic packages now available are not installable,

because they were built against and depend on rpm 4.3.1, which is

currently in at-bleeding. The work-arounds are 1) wait for Axel to

remedy the situation with the repo or 2) manually upgrade rpm to 4.3.1

and re-install the apt packages, then you should be able to continue

apt-get'ing.

--

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

jcw at wilsonet.com