[mythtv-users] Diskless EPIA w/PVR-350 (was: Problems with the VIA KM400 chipset)

Kevin Barsby Kevin.Barsby at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 8 00:50:58 EDT 2004

> I thought so too. =)

It's my "Phase II, when I have a spare PC and time to burn" :-)

> Not a clue what Goom is (a game, I presume?).

A very cool (well I think so) visualisation for MythMusic.

> Huh. Haven't seen that happen here... What ivtv driver setup are you
> using?

This is through the EPIA TV-out, using the onboard mpeg decoder, I
switched from the PVR-350 to get accelerated graphics for the
visualisation and for MythGame (When I finally get round to setting it
up)

> Haven't ever tried viaexp...

It seems to run well, but I'm using the via binary drivers though.

> It works quite well for viewing my dvd rips done with either xvid or
> ffmpeg mpeg4 in avi containers (plays back without any frames dropped),
> doesn't do so well on other stuff (looks like 15-20 fps instead of 24).

By other stuff do you include mpeg2 streams (read DVD from mplayer /
xine)?

> Good question. Haven't tried that just yet...

GOOOOM :-)

Cheers
Kev