[mythtv-users] driving 1080i with 540p interlacing...

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 8 00:29:55 EDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 18:06, David Huseby wrote:

> I've got a Mitsu 55" HDTV that has BNC connectors for RGB H/V and I
> have
> a VGA to RGB H/V cable for it.  I've never tried this but I've heard
> that you can configure X to run at 1280x540p/interlacing to drive a
> 1080i TV.  Can anybody confirm that

I believe what you mean is 1920x540p and/or 960x540p. I've used both
(as well as 1920x1080i).

> and does anybody know how to set it
> up so that I can use MythTV using my VGA to RGB H/V cable?

Pretty easy, works just the same as using a YPbPr transcoder, only much
cheaper (transcoder is about $100, vga to rgbhv is about, what, $10?).
I'm using a transcoder myself.

> Sorry for so many questions lately but I'm starting the wiring this
> weekend and putting the whole system together over the next few weeks.
> I was planning on photographing the whole install and putting together
> HOW-TO for other media junkies out there.

Before you get started on that, you might want to read this:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php

It has a number of links to other useful sites as well.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...