[mythtv-users] Automatic channel scanning

madera at insignesoftware.com madera at insignesoftware.com
Mon Jun 7 23:01:53 EDT 2004

I downloaded the Zappin program RPM.

It says that:

Using video device '/dev/video0', display ':0.0'.
Querying frame buffer parameters from DGA.
Using V4L2 2.5 interface.
Device '/dev/video0' does not support video overlay.
Setup failed.

Why could that be??

I'm trying to use zapping just because I can't stand that MythTV isn't
capable of doing what a simpler program can do!!! I mean, autoscanning
free air TV can't be that complicated!

I only need a program which can autoscan normal tv broadcasts, just to
make my PC a normal TV!! Not any DVB, DVD nor any other cable or other
stuff... all utomatically.

If Windows can do it, why couldn't our super-technical Linux do that??

Thanks for all the help,
Rodrigo Madera