[mythtv-users] Crackling noise from sound card -- unusable

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Mon Jun 7 13:45:23 EDT 2004

 Hi MythTV list,

 2 problems with sound:

     The sound is _HORRIBLE_.  It's like I have some sort of terrible
     grounding problem.  Every time I wiggle the mouse I hear more
     static.  Every time video changes on the screen (windows move,
     screen saver, move the cursor in MythTV) I hear "crackle,
     Crackle crackle, not to mention the persistent background
     "BUZZ".  I suspect it's because I have crummy hardware?? (cheep
     power supply and motherboard).  Is this normal?  How can I get
     rid of that?

     The sound from the cable feed is on constantly.  If I exit out of
     MythTV and leave the stereo on, I still hear all the sound from
     the channel I left the tuner on.  Any ideas?

     Thanks!

      -- Ryan