[mythtv-users] Re: can't compile lirc w/ fedora core 2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 7 05:35:41 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:37:05AM +0200, Franco wrote:
> > because there is no need. CVS lirc builds fine against the Fedora Core
> > 2 kernel (and previous kernels, too), and there are rpms available
> > marked as bleeding/experimental:
> >
> > http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/lirc-experimental/
>
> Axel, which version of the compiler are you using to prepare
> the RPMs ?
>
> I have a brand new box w/FC2, and I always get some "internal compiler error"
> when I try to compile the kernel.
> I made hundreds of attempts, using both gcc32, gcc33 and gcc34.

Hm, this looks more like your machine having hardware
problems. doesn't the ICE idnicate a non-reproducable error probably
due to hardware problems?

> By now, I have to compile the kernel on another machine (FC1),

I'd install FC2 on this other machine and check if the problems
vanish. Also have memtest86 run and stress-test the machine with the
ICEs.