[mythtv-users] Diskless EPIA w/PVR-350 (was: Problems with the VIA KM400 chipset)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Jun 6 22:32:36 EDT 2004

On Jun 5, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> ...is getting replaced as my secondary Myth box by an EPIA M10000 in a
> Travla C137 today. I'm gunning for diskless boot, a PVR-350 for
> output, and total silence...

And now I've more or less got it. A few minor issues I still have to
work out, but I'm running a diskless EPIA M10000 system feeding video
out a PVR-350, finally got around to trying the ivtvdev X driver (big
improvement for mplayer when using -vo x11 and stability seems better
so far). The system is completely diskless, the PXE boot ROM hits my
dhcp server, which tells it where the PXE stuff is, then initrd and the
kernel are downloaded via tftp, and the system starts booting Fedora
Core 1 off an NFS share. Kick-ass.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...