[mythtv-users] Re: can't compile lirc w/ fedora core 2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jun 6 19:35:16 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 06:03:09PM -0400, Tom Lee wrote:
> I'm trying to compile lirc on a fresh install of Fedora Core
> 2. [...]
> There seem to be two solutions: a potentially buggy patch [...]
> The other option seems to be recompiling my kernel, [...]

There is a third ...

> but Axel of ATrpms doesn't maintain any kernel releases for FC2
> (yet).

because there is no need. CVS lirc builds fine against the Fedora Core
2 kernel (and previous kernels, too), and there are rpms available
marked as bleeding/experimental:

http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/lirc-experimental/

All, but mceusb, work fine. Make sure you use setserial to not have the
kernel's serial grab your port, as explained on lirc.org's
documenation pages.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net