[mythtv-users] Myth .15 OSD Menu Position

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sun Jun 6 16:24:21 EDT 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:05:48 -0500, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:

>> I just upgraded to myth .15 and noticed the new green highlighted menu
>> that comes up when you press 'm' while watching live TV.  I use a pvr350
>> for output and the first letter of each menu item on the left hand side
>> isn't visible (off screen).  I adjusted the GUI size/offsets to fit the
>> TV,
>
> Those only affect the X/Qt stuff.
>
>> what can I do to make the OSD menus use those same values?
>
> Adjust the overscan percentages and offsets under TV playback
> setup.
>
>> (I have tried fiddling with the overscan percentages and
>> offsets, but they don't make any noticeable difference on my
>> system).
>
> Very odd.  Those are what controls the OSD position/size on my '350.

Having the same problem here - those settings don't seem to affect
anything on my 350. I'm using the osdtest OSD theme and the big text
("skip ahead" etc.) has one character outside of my TV:s visible area.

Is there another setting that turns the OSD controls on/off that I'm
missing? I've repositioned the UI to fit - the window fits, but since the
text _inside_ the UI is right at the edge of the UI area, I still get some
visible ugly borders around the edges - can I resize the screen but leave
the background fullscreen somehow?).

/ Niklas