[mythtv-users] Binding multimedia keys?

Dean Blackburn deano at deano.com
Sat Jun 5 20:52:26 EDT 2004

Wow, cool remote! I want one.

It sounds like maybe you're having trouble mapping the "windows hotkeys"
on the remote... Which should* be possible, by remapping the keycodes
using Xmodmap.

To figure out what the keycodes are to begin with is the 'hard' part,
there are a number of tools that accomodate this nowadays, but none that
I've ever seen bundled with a distro. :/ Try 'xev', which is a pretty
generic X debugging app that tells you what key you've pressed, where
you've moved windows to, etc... It should give you enough to modify your
Xmodmap file. Maybe.

Ah, heck, I'm just going to go buy one of these myself and figure it
out. Sorry if none of the above works!

-deano