[mythtv-users] Re: Clean 0.15 install, what should I save from the old DB?

Aleaxander alex at carbonated.com
Sat Jun 5 20:07:32 EDT 2004

I'm trying to restore information from my 0.14 database into a clean
install of 0.15 (Fedora Core 1).  Searching the list archives, I found
the following information on how to do this:

----
Restore the information from "record' (the titles you've chosen
to record), 'recorded' (the descriptive info for your recording),
'oldrecorded' (for finding duplicates that you've recorded previously)
and 'recordedmarkup' (keyframe seek info, commercial skipping, etc).

grep "INSERT INTO record " mythtv_backup.sql > restore.sql
grep "INSERT INTO recorded " mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
grep "INSERT INTO oldrecorded " mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
grep "INSERT INTO recordedmarkup " mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql

Note the space after the table name and the ">>" to append to the
file for all but the first grep. "recordedmarkup" is huge and
may be hundreds of thousands of lines if you had lots of hours
of recordings.

If your hostname has changed, bring up restore.sql in an editor
to search and replace your old hostname with the new one being
careful to not replace if your old hostname appears in a show's title or
description .

Once your file is ready to go:

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < restore.sql
----

Everything looked good until I did the last step, and then received the
following error:

ERROR 1054 at line 1: Unknown column 'recorddups' in 'field list'

Looking at a backup of the 0.15 mythconverg database I made before I
started trying to restore information from the 0.14 database I see that
there is no recorddups field present.  Anyone have any idea what I am
doing wrong or suggestions on how I can proceed?

-Alex