[mythtv-users] Using the PVR350 tuner.

Don Brown don at donbrown.ca
Sat Jun 5 13:12:00 EDT 2004

I'm a linux and myth noobie, but I'm starting to get the hang of this myth
stuff.

I have a PVR350, hooked up to a cable box via coax connector, on a PC i'm
using for both front and back-end processing.

I would like to cut out the cable box and simply use the tuner in the
PVR350.  Is this possible?  Is this desirable?  An I poking myself in the
eye for future expanability?

I normally run my non-myth setup without it - I simply hook up the incoming
cable to tbe back of the VCR and use the VCR's tuner to change channels.  I
have so pay-per-view, etc, so there is nothing encrypted.

I can get live tv if I run the signal through the cablebox and use the
cablebox's channel changing abilites, but it's slow to change channels and I
do not have a IR blaster right now.  If I don't need it, I'd like to avoid
it.

Any ideas, concerns, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Don