[mythtv-users] Can't cope with crowds or loud noise! PLEASE HELP

rowan crane aovi72 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jun 5 07:51:06 EDT 2004

stupidly didn't send this to the list...

Thanks for your reply

i've tried changing the volume levels in the recording profiles to no avail.
having sat in front of the box for an hour with a stop watch i've noticed that
the disruptions occur every 50-60 seconds, and last for 10-20 seconds. This
then repeats ad nauseum...

I think i was wrong about crowds / many talking etc causing the crackling, it
occurs when there is just a one person speaking etc - its just obviously a lot
more obvious when theres a crowd cheering.

Given that the periods of crackling are predicatable, does anyone have any
idea / things i can check / settings to change?

Any help greatly appreciated

TIA

RC