[mythtv-users] PVR 250 & VIA question

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Sat Jun 5 03:02:52 EDT 2004

> Is the same true with the PM266 chipset?  I have one and I've been
> able to capture a single one-hour show, but maybe I got lucky.

Dunno.  If you were able to capture a 1 hour show, it sounds like you're
not being bit.  But the very nature of this bug is that it occurs
randomly.  More like a race condition that is hard to find than a
easily reproduceable/triggerable bug..

Some folks have found that if they turn off dma on their disks, the
problems get better or go away entirely.  For me, it didn't matter how I
had any dma-capable device configured in the system.  it croaked just by
'cat /dev/video0 > /dev/video16' - after 5 to 15 minutes of enc/dec..
Some folks said that it happened rarely, but that it did happen.. So..

as a previous poster said, ymmv... :)

Chad