[mythtv-users] Problems with the VIA KM400 chipset

BP lists at qucae.com
Fri Jun 4 23:11:40 EDT 2004

Andy Long wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are problems using the PVR-250 on a board with the
> VIA KM400 chipset?  I'm looking at getting the Abit VA-10
> (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-159&catalo
> g=23&manufactory=BROWSE), but have heard that there are problems with the
> ivtv driver and via chipsets.  Is that just limited the the KT133/KT266, or
> is it all Via chips?
>
> Thanks.

I've not had a single problem since I switched to my Abit VA-10 about
six months ago.  It's been running 24x7 with an occasional reboot for
kernel updates.  I'm using the ivtv 0.1.9 driver patched for 2.6 and the
2.6.4 kernel.  My previous board (Chaintech 7NIF2 (NForce2)) was nothing
but trouble and acted like the reported VIA 266 ivtv bug.