[mythtv-users] Do I understand MythTV correctly?

Josh Burks jburks at mktinsights.com
Fri Jun 4 14:29:37 EDT 2004

 > 3. Has anyone connected the frontends wirelessly to the backend? Does
  > 802.11b work ok or do I need to use 802.11g?

I have a frontend/backend running on the same machine with a PVR-250. I
have my video directory setup as a samba share so I can grab the files
with my windows box. The are networked with a Dlink DI-614+ and a
DWL-520+, which is 22 megabit 802.11b. I can watch a show directly from
the myth box with Windows Media Player near perfect. Sometimes if
something breaks the signal (e.g. Someone walks in front of the router,
low signal, etc, etc.....) it will get choppy. Therefore I don't see why
you couldn't do a backend with a seperate frontend wirelessly,
permitting near flawless signal strength. If you do it, might want to go
with 802.11g though.

Josh Burks