[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Double Lirc Keystroke Navigating in MythTV]

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 12:57:36 EDT 2004

> > Thanks JCW at wilson net... I have looked into the repeat=X function
> > .. . I have tried every number from 1 to 30 it seems, with no
> > difference whatsoever.  Funny thing is repeat =0 does abolutely
> > nothing, but should make it so that only 1 event from each
> keypress is
> > ever sent.
>
> Someone on the list had a similar problem with multiple LIRC
> keystrokes
> being sent and it turned out he/she had duplicate entries for the
> offending keys in his/her LIRC config file...  May be worth checking
> just in case.

Yes - all entries in .lircrc will get passed along by irxevent and
perhaps by the native lirc in myth (~/mythtv/lircrc).

You can use multiple entries and multiple lirc clients to do cool
things.  We use one myth system as a desktop as well.  The power
button on the remote moves the mouse through lircmd to wake up
the screen and sends Ctrl-Tab to the RootWindow through irxevent
to switch desktops, so that you can get to myth if the last person
left the system at the other desktop.  I was thinking of linking
a script through irexec to the same button to start myth if it's
not already running, but it never crashes so I haven't bothered.