[mythtv-users] mythmusic browse by genre?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 3 22:38:52 EDT 2004

I have roughly 1300 "artists" in my music list (over 20k files).
Browsing specific ones to create a playlist is INCREDIBLY unmanageable.
Is there a way to browse first by genre, then to artist, and then to
album?  Or do I have to just use the tree view to get this functionality
(or a close approximation)?

btw, mythmusic is EXTREMELY slow if I accidentally press a random key on
my remote (number keys specifically, I don't know what the others are
mapped to yet)..  hangs for 30-60 seconds before catching up (if at all
- I had to control-alt-backspace a few times, which strangely left the
music playing)

-Chris