[mythtv-users] Not all doom and gloom

Garry Gibson garry at sneakyninja.net
Thu Jun 3 17:30:49 EDT 2004

Having taken the plunge and updated from .14 to .15 I can honestly say
I've had no problems at all....

I know this is doesn't offer anything useful to those having problems,
but I thought it was worth saying that despite all the problems
described on this list, it's not all doom and gloom. :-)

For those interested in how I seem to have attracted the smiles of the
the Myth/Linux Gods, here's my set up.

Asus Pundit/P4 Celeron/256mb
Suse 8.2/KDE3.1/2.4.22 Kernel
PVR-250
IR via lirc
DigiBox control via Red-Eye serial controller
XMLTV using bleb in the UK

I think the difference is I compile myth from source, and only the
offical releases. This time round, all I did was download mythtv and
mythvideo, set up my QT path as describe in the docs, and
qmake/make/make install. That's it. Didn't touch anything else. Oh, and
grabbed the latest mythweb too, just pointed my browser at the new
directory.

If anyone wants to see my configs etc, let me know and I'll post `em.

(You know what's going to happen now, don't you... my Pundit will catch
fire)

-Garry.