[mythtv-users] Offline DataDirect database updates how?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jun 3 16:07:12 EDT 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 03:52 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:
> >Now without tv_grab_na, this obviously doesn't work.  I've managed to get
> > some xml data out of a 'ddclient' CLI program.  The mythfilldatabase
> > doesn't seem to import it with the same command anymore.  Any thoughts on
> > how I might update the system now?
>
> Use tv_grab_na_dd (see below).
>
> >Since I despise perl and tv_grab_na_dd is supposedly a
> >temporary hack anyway, I'm not excited about trying to anally insert a
> >newer xmltv into my mosly-source-compiled mythtv box.
>
> Actually, tv_grab_na_dd is not a temporary hack.  It is an official part
> of the XMLTV distribution and is replacing tv_grab_na permanently.
<snip>
> This process would be much easier than incorporating code that processes
> the DD XML file into Myth.

No, it wouldn't.  Just have to bypass the call to wget, like the rest of the
code bypasses calling an xmltv grabber when the --file option is specified.
Simple stuff, almost anyone should be able to make that change.

Additionally, by using the xmltv dd grabber, you're not getting all the data
that's present in the dd xml information.

Isaac