[mythtv-users] Downgrading from FC2 to FC1

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Wed Jun 2 18:54:28 EDT 2004

Mark R. Cervarich wrote:
> I just upgraded from RH9 to FC2.  Of course, had I paid more attention
> to the archives, I would've realized that FC1 is a better choice for
> me right now. (I have a geforce 4mx 440 w/ tv-out)
> [ http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/69333 ]
>
> I've already spent too much time trying to get Nvidia to work w/
> TV-out under XFree86 under FC2...and feel like my time would be better
> spent "downgrading."
>
> Can I boot up my system with the FC1 cd-rom's and "upgrade" my system
> to FC1 even though I'm already at FC2?
>
> Or, if some live-saving FC2 RPMs are only a day or two, then perhaps
> I'll hold off.

Probably the easiest way to get a working Myth system again is to install
the latest kernel from FC1 and related modules.  I haven't tried it, but
in theory it should work.  ;-)  You may also want to install the
fedora-release package from FC1 as well and then it will think it's a FC1
machine, but I would try just the kernel first.

That will save you the hassle of totally downgrading the machine and then
upgrading it again later.

-Dave