[mythtv-users] Beating my head against a wall with PVR-350 and X

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 2 15:25:16 EDT 2004

Michael Levenson wrote:

>I have beaten my head against the wall so many times I have permanent brain
>damage. I can get video to stream through using Jarrod's guide.  However
>when I go to run X thought he 350 I get a curser flashing.  I can type stuff
>and they curser moves but I can't read anything.

If it's just a matter of the font being small (possibly too small to see
anything), try setting the DisplaySize of your monitor by adding the line:

        DisplaySize  160 120

to the "Monitor" section of your XF86Config.  The size above works well
with my 27" TV.  You'll need to set the size to some value that is
smaller than your actual TV size--it doesn't matter which size you use;
it's mostly a matter of preference.

Mike