[mythtv-users] mythcommflag running up to 700%?

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Wed Jun 2 09:55:02 EDT 2004

My myth installation has been acting a bit weird lately.  I've just
finished a clean install of 0.15, and things seem to be working
properly. I didn't recreate the database though - I just let the new
install use the old 0.14 database, assuming that it would upgrade the
schema (and it seemed to do it).

But one problem that I noticed before the upgrade remains - on some
recordings, if I try to fast forward, I see a message saying "12:32 of
342:00" or something like that - on a 30 minute show.  And at that
point, if I continue to fast fowards, as often as not, the frontend will
freeze (requiring a kill/restart).

So I thought re-running mythcommflag on all the recordings will re-mark
them, (which from reading the archives I'm guessing it doesn't?) but I'm
getting messages like:

ChanID  Start Time      Title                                      Breaks
------  --------------  -----------------------------------------  ------
1027    20040415110000  Outrageously Expensive Vacations           99%/  7
1027    20040415120000  Private Jets Revealed                      101%/  4
1027    20040415130000  Ultimate Travel: Cars, Trains, Planes      786%/  4
1027    20040415150000  Ways to Spend a Million in Vegas!          181%/  4

I can't help but notice that we're passing the 100% mark here.  Is there
anything I can do to fix this?  Are these recordings just corrupt, and I
should give up on them?

We're using a PVR-350 with the binary X driver (which has been working
perfectly in general).  These recordings are all, therefor, MPEG2.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Dan