[mythtv-users] DVB on FC2

Damon Searle djsearle at netspace.net.au
Wed Jun 2 07:17:09 EDT 2004

It sounds like you are in a very similar situation to me.
First of all the built in kernel doesn't include the tda1004x module (I
don't think it even compiles properly in that version or 2.6.6)

I had a lot of trouble getting things stable due to IRQ conflicts. (I had
the same problem in RedHat 9 with kernel 2.4);
Hopefully your bios supports APIC which should give you some extra IRQs
above 15. Using APIC I still end up with the Geforce card and Nova-T on one
IRQ and the sound and the other Nova-T on another IRQ, However myth doesn't
seem to crash anymore (note I've only been running this config for about 24
hours).
So assuming you have the same problem: (do a cat /proc/interrupts and see if
both Nova-Ts are sharing IRQs to be sure)

Compile a stock 2.6.6 kernel - enable Local APIC.
In the .config file this seems to be
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y
But you can also get to it from the menuconfig.

After booting do a grep for APIC on /var/log/messages and cat
/proc/interrupts to see if it has done anything different.

Get the latest dvb-kernel driver from CVS and follow the instructions.
Put the firmware in /usr/lib/firmware/ as tda1004x.bin

So I'm afraid that you aren't going to get anything other than maybe Myth
itself using RPMs (I'm not sure if DVB is compiled in).

I hope this helps.

- Damon

  _____