[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 05:27:53 EDT 2004

Hmmm.  At first I assumed that the mythfilldatabase results were
unrelated the channel changing (or lack thereof) problem.  Upon further
reflection, however, may have been a bad assumption.

I remembered that when I performed the migration to 0.15, I had no
problems until I got to the post-install portion of the procedure in
section 21.19 of the docs.  At that point, I ran mythfilldatabase like
it said and that seemed to work ok.  Then I tried to run the procedure
to restore the channel icons.  First I made a backup (I always backup
the database before I do anything in mysql that changes it) and I
checked my version of mysql which was 3.23.something.  I interpreted
that to mean I needed to run the seven line version of the procedure
which I did via cut-and-paste.  After that, my database was borked and I
had the same  channel-won't-change problem.  To get out of it, I dropped
my database and restored from the pre-procedure backup.  At that point,
I decided to worry about icons later and skipped the rest of 21.19.

If you have mythweb running, try going to Settings->Channels and see if
all your channum(s) and freqid(s) are as expected (ie., 2,2 3,3 4,4,
etc.).  If not, if they're blank or have text in them, that is probably
the cause of the no-channel-changes problem.  At that point, I would
suggest re-running section 21.19 again; specifically running setup,
answering 'yes' to 'clear all program/channel settings..." and then
running mythfilldatabase again.