[mythtv-users] using a different source for the DataDirect service?

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Jun 1 23:51:58 EDT 2004

>>>>> James Colannino writes:

j> Hey everyone.  I'd like to know how feasible it would be to download
j> the information from DataDirect, and then host that information myself
j> on my own server for other Myth installations to grab their data from.
j> Would this perhaps require some custom development?  Is there an
j> external way to approach it?  I'd like to be able to host data for
j> some of my friends without them having to get their own accounts from
j> DataDirect.  Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

        You could do this by using XMLTV tv_grab_na_dd and
"mythfilldatabase --file", which is what people still using mythtv
0.14 have been doing (see the archives).  However, for what you're
proposing (redistribution), your subscription agreement requires that
you get prior written consent from Tribune Media Services.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.