[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data

Gary Lerhaupt gary at lerhaupt.com
Tue Jun 1 23:09:48 EDT 2004

I followed the guidelines to transition from xmltv to datadirect.  I set
up my account, redid the setup and mythfilldatabase performs (or seems
to perform) as I would expect it.  However, I don't get any guide
information, and from status, it tells me that

mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into the Guide.
This can indicate a potential grabber failure.

Interestingly, when I go into myth setup and look at the channel editor,
it does not show any channels there.  As well, though this is probably
unrelated, I recently started getting segfaults from klipper whenever
going into init 5.  Further, I can no longer even change the channel and
am stuck permanently on ABC (channel 3).  Each time I try to change the
channel, it just shows the info as (-1440 minutes).  If I bring up the
guide, it is completely empty (doesn't even say Unknown) and if I try to
move the cursor, the frontend completely dies.

I have updated and recompiled as of cvs today.  I have done a lot of
searching through the list and have not seen anyone else report similar
behavior.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gary