[mythtv-users] export feature request?

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Tue Jun 1 18:43:34 EDT 2004

Hello all,
	I have been trying all sorts of different techniques for exporting the
recordings that Mythtv makes.  There are some really spiffy tools out
there, but there is a feature missing in all of the ones I've seen so
far.  I'm not sure how to get around this missing feature.  It comes
down to exporting audio.
	I have a pcHDTV card.  I would like to export the recordings to DVD.
At first I was just taking the .nuv file and rescaling it using
mpeg2tools.  That works pretty well, but the problem is that I don't get
to use the wonderful cutlist feature that is in Mythtv.  So I moved on
to running mythtranscode directly.  This works pretty well.  I get
cutlist support, I can pipe the data into rescaler program using fifo's,
wonderful.  The only problem is that mythtranscode seems to send the
audio as raw *decoded* data and not raw AC3 data.  I would like to just
leave the audio alone since the broadcast audio is just fine for burning
to DVD.
	I also have a problem with corruption with the mpeg2 due to reception
glitches.  I get around this problem my using mencoder and just 'copy'
the video and audio info into a pseudo avi file (mencoder doesn't do
mpeg-ts apparently).  This works pretty good and keeps the audio sync
consistent when I burn it to DVD later.
	Does anyone have a simple program that exports the mpeg2 files with
little manipulation except for the cutlist?  I can take care of the rest
from there.
	So far the very manual process has worked and produced excellent
quality DVD's.  I would just like to tidy up the process and get
cutlists working.